In your store, it’s your customer against the line. When your buyer walks in, the first thing she notices is how long she’s going to have to wait for a fitting room or to check out. If you’re plagued with long queues, you’re losing sales.
The sales are not a temporary sales loss either. Long queues have a long-term impact.
Letting lengthy queues perpetuate in your stores can do serious damage to your brand.
- Your customers will continually think of your store as providing poor customer service;
- Your associates will feel stressed, causing them to act more rushed and provide a poorer level of customer service;
- You will have a higher abandonment or walk off rate;
- Your brand perception in the market will take a blow;
- You’ll have fewer loyal customers;
- Your word-of-mouth marketing will suffer.
When you ignore your long queues and hope they’ll disappear on their own (they won’t) you face 3 major queue management risks.
Read More »Top 3 Risks of Failing to Invest in Queue Management